CLB

Discussion in 'The CLB' started by Saturn2187, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Saturn2187

Saturn2187 CLB Co-Commish

Evening Guys,

I want to post something about some upcoming changes to the way things are run in the league.

There's been some discussion in last month or two (real world time) about how dead weight in the league is suffocating the CLB. Trades are down (non-existent), the Shoutbox is almost completely lifeless for days at a time, competitive balance in the league is starting to edge towards falling out of whack. This can be attributed to teams that are either vacant or managed by a GM who is for one reason or another, not quite making that full effort we need. Those teams will be listed, and we are taking immediate action to remove them.

I'll be assuming a lot more responsibility. I suppose this makes me co-commissioner now, or something. I'm going to be overseeing the delegation of some duties, although I don't want to go crazy just yet. Morgan is still a central part of this, but with his busy work and school schedule he's been selfless enough to identify that help is needed. Additionally, @aliashecman will be coming aboard as well for insight on league direction and simming duties. There are lots of other people who have volunteered to assist, and for that I am appreciative. As we flesh out the trade committee and recruiting roles, we will consider those who care as much about this league as we do, and make an effort to get max involvement.

In addition to updating the trade committee and revitalizing the Recruiting efforts, we will establish a periodic review of some kind that weeds out disinterested GMs to hopefully prevent this from happening again. There are lots of other ideas that I've got, as do some others. Please feel free to offer your ideas. But first and foremost is going to be the effort to restock the shelves in terms of active GMs.

Let me just say here that I'm going to Disney tomorrow and I won't be back until Wednesday night. Some of these efforts will be somewhat on hold until that point but i wanted to get the ball rolling in everybody's minds. Morgan is still here, still will run sims, still should be a primary point of contact.

This isn't about me - Sure i'd like the Braves to win but far more important than that is a healthy league where we are all having fun, nobody is being ripped off, and a positive environment. I appreciate the supporting statements over the past few days by lots of people - @aliashecman , @scheckdiesel @mill @Johnson, especially @UDVikings and I know there were more.

So lets get started:

If you see your name here and you don't understand why, please send me a PM. Life happens - we get it . We will talk about options.

REMOVED:
    Texas Rangers (@Mauer )
    Minnesota Twins (@skuff730)
    Pittsburgh Pirates (@adlpest)
    Detroit Tigers (@TayJ)

Available
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Arizona Diamondbacks (Filled today)

@CLB
    @Quazi

2. Johnson

Johnson Oh Goddammit

Excited to see some changes coming to the league. I’ll do what I can to help!

Quazi and Saturn2187 like this.
  3. Take Notes 011

Take Notes 011 Rookie

Sorry, had no internet for quite a while but I am back!

mill likes this.
  4. scheckdiesel

scheckdiesel Junior Varsity

5. scheckdiesel

Anything you guys need, let me know... trade committee, back-up simmer, recruiting help, etc

Saturn2187 likes this.
  6. Saturn2187

Saturn2187 CLB Co-Commish

I was out of town for a few days, but I'd just like to update where things stand currently

Commissioners
    1. @mmorgan184
    2. @Saturn2187

Alternate for Sims
    1. @aliashecman

Trade Committee
    Committee will have 24 hour review to evaluate trades. Trades should all include justifications. Any trades deemed illogical or blatantly abusive will be restricted. Please use common sense people.

1. @Saturn2187
    2. @aliashecman
    3. @UDVikings
    4. @Riven
    5. @PeterGoulas
    6. @mmorgan184 (Used in event of member absence or trade involving Committee member)

Recruiting Committee
    Responsible for outreach on various platforms (OOTP Forums, Reddit) and introducing new members to the league.

1. @Johnson
    2. @scheckdiesel

Contract Evaluations
    Responsible for evaluating all new contracts signed and extensions to ensure they comply with our posted rules. Violations should be posted in the Contract Violations Thread for correction.

1. OPEN
    2. OPEN

@CLB

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Johnson and PeterGoulas like this.
  7. mill

mill Amateur

LOL.

Johnson likes this.
  8. Johnson

Johnson Oh Goddammit

LOL.

9. scheckdiesel

Not sure why I'm the first to say, but I love the trade committee picks.

Johnson likes this.

GET SOCIAL