Favorite Prospect

Discussion in 'The CLB' started by cstatecash3, Dec 6, 2017.

1. cstatecash3

cstatecash3 Starter

After some talk in the shoutbox recently about trades and prospect it got me thinking....who was my favorite prospect i've had in my organization and how is he doing now. So i ask all of you in the @CLB -

who was your favorite prospect -

How did you acquire him?

where is he at now?

Did he develop like you thought?

New York yankees

Favorite Prospect - Tristin English

How did you acquire him - I drafted him in the 2nd round of the inaugural draft. I screwed up and went with beau burrows with my #1 but redeemed myself with him in the 2nd round.

Where is he now? - He's still in NY. We didn't resign him in hopes of getting him at a cheaper price and it worked.

Did he develop like you thought he would? Yes - although he has regressed from the form he was in a couple years ago. I figured he would be a solid #2/#3 starter. He's still a solid option as he is having another big season.

PeterGoulas and Johnson like this.
  2. mill

mill Amateur

Washington Nationals

Favorite Prospect - Willie Abreu

How did you acquire him - I acquired Abreu by trading Bryce Harper to the Arizona Diamondbacks. He was considered the main piece.

Where is he now? - Abreu is currently sitting in free agency.

Did he develop like you thought he would? No - Willie looked like he was going to be a stud, but he fell off due to injuries, and is now fragile. In his 1 year with the Nats he started in 98 games, and put up 2.9 WAR. He hit 9 homers, and 16 doubles. He slached .314/.372/.421 (.793). I still want to see what would have happened if he stayed healthy.

3. scheckdiesel

scheckdiesel Junior Varsity

Toronto

who was your favorite prospect - THE Jose Chavez

How did you acquire him? Scouting Discovery

where is he at now? Being a beast in San Fran

Did he develop like you thought? Yes, he is the god I thought he would be. However, by using the pieces from trading him I have acquired my #1 Starter (injured), #3 Starter, shortstop, and right fielder. Is it worth it? If I can make a run at the Yankees and win the division with this group, then yes, I think I think it was worth it.

4. cstatecash3

cstatecash3 Starter

5. Johnson

Johnson Rookie

Who was your favorite prospect? - Probably Grant Burton or Miguel Angel Santos

How did you acquire him? - Drafted both as first round picks

Where is he at now? - Both are on my ML team and surprisingly not out for the season

Did he develop like you thought? - Burton yes for sure. Santos is mostly a yes although injuries hurt some offensive ratings.

6. UDVikings

UDVikings Starter

Seeing as I've only been in St Louis for a couple game months now, I'll reflect on a trio of Diamondback prospects

Who was your favorite prospect - SP Will Crowe
    How did you acquire him? 1st round draft pick
    Where is he at now? Oddly enough, I just signed him in St. Louis after a number of years in my Arizona rotation before being traded to KC.
    Did he develop like you thought? He has been a very quality arm that would be a useful piece to most rotations, but unfortunately his Stuff never developed for him to become a dominant arm with a high strikeout rate - he mostly depends on limiting homers and walks.

Who was your favorite prospect - OF Lonnie Fields
    How did you acquire him? 1st round draft pick
    Where is he at now? In the middle of his third season in the Diamondbacks lineup
    Did he develop like you thought? Fields came along a little slowly, but he has developed into a force in the Arizona lineup. He has the bat, power, and speed to become more than just an All Star for the Diamondbacks.

Who was your favorite prospect - RP Tommy Hebert
    How did you acquire him? Not sure what round but a draft pick
    Where is he at now? I believe he has gotten injured for the second of three seasons in Arizona.
    Did he develop like you thought? Hebert's first season in Arizona was extremely valuable as he was used as both a closer and high leverage reliever to eat up a number of innings. At the end of his first season, he suffered an arm injury and hasn't been the same since.

GET SOCIAL