Revitalizing League

Discussion in 'The CLB' started by Johnson, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Johnson

Johnson Oh Goddammit

Okay so we had a huge discussion this morning in the shoutbox and I think it's important to highlight some of what was said. While we wait for some things to happen behind the scenes, we need to wait on most of these. I do think we need to cut the dead weight immediately and start recruiting, there needs to be a process to it. So here are some things that were said this morning that I think really contributed to the discussion.

- Need a group of guys to recruit, not just Saturn or Morgan (anybody that has, apologies if I didn't mention you here). Whether this is grounds for a Recruitment Committee, I'm not sure.
    - Revamped Trade Committee
    - Contract Checker Committee

Whether having several committee's is necessary, I'm not sure... but having those in place with a PM is beneficial IMO to work together to attract new GM's. In my head this is similar to when I ran my fraternity. There are committee's for different aspects of the fraternity. Whether it was recruiting, disciplinary, or monthly pre-chapter meetings among the President, VP, Accountant, the peace keeper, and the heads of each committee (I'm forgetting all of my terminology haha). Well, just like the CLB there are different aspects here where a team of guys coming together for one common goal is the best strategy.

- Easing Morgan's job as commissioner is very important
    - Saturn implementing some of his ideas from the past couple seasons to make the league better as a whole
    - Having 3 people run sims and there be a group text so the communication is there to see who's available
    - A caveat to the above and what I think is best... move sims to 10 PM est.
    - As mentioned before, getting rid of people that aren't exporting or being a part of the community here (obviously there are some exceptions with guys not living in the US or within our time zones).

This will be edited and updated but I just felt really compelled to get these thoughts out.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  2. Johnson

Johnson Oh Goddammit

3. mill

mill Amateur

I am interested in helping recruit. Would do other stuff, but doubt I'll be given that opportunity.

4. Quazi

Quazi TranQuilo

5. UDVikings

UDVikings Starter

There's definitely a lot of things, like Johnson said, that can be done to help re-vitalize the league. There are a number of things that can and should be done to review activity levels and look to replace with newer managers when the time is appropriate.

With that said, the most important thing going forward with respect to revitalizing the league and recruiting to replace some of the inactive teams is that we need to have a focal point for Activity and Recruiting efforts. Without that, there will just be "too many cooks in the kitchen" and lots of chaos. I hope that we are able to work this through some partnership of @mmorgan184 and @Saturn2187 so let's wait and see how things shake out from those two.

The other things that Johnson talked about, the committees, should come after we get some more active managers in here and re-assess the owner list.

6. Johnson

Johnson Oh Goddammit

7. Mauer

Mauer Freshman

I could help out finding new owners. I am sure I could bring a few guys in from my other leagues.

8. mill

mill Amateur

How do you always appear the day after the trade deadline...like what in the hell.

9. Mauer

Mauer Freshman

I am around. The offers I received to me were not good enough. Work has been crazy for me if you message me I will do my best to answer.

10. Mauer

Mauer Freshman

Nats last message from you was August 23rd!

11. mill

mill Amateur

GET SOCIAL