- This league is intended to bring a very realistic and community based feel to Madden football. If you can’t take your loss like a man, this league is not meant for you.
- Be active on the community and website. It is required that all users stay up to date with their team write-ups / articles, and scheduling.
- Non-Team playbooks are banned.
- Custom playbooks are banned.
- Super Sim is banned from use in CPU games. If your opponent must go on auto-pilot for any reason, you should either have the game simulated, or you must play the entire game from start to finish. Super Sim generates highly unrealistic statistics.
- Sim-A-Win is banned in auto pilot and CPU games.
- Users are allowed to play a CPU opponent (or user on auto pilot) a maximum of three times. A user who exceeds three times will have players suspended. If you play three times but do not finish the game you may take a simulation game if desired.
- All teams are required to carry 53 men on their roster at all times.
- All teams are required to carry at least three active back-up offensive linemen (8 total) at all times.
- All teams are required to carry at least three safeties at all times.
Every regular season and playoff game is required to be streamed via Twitch and SCtv, whether you have a capture card, or do it via the Twitch App on XBOX One. The home team shall stream the game, unless they are unable to, then the away team will take on that responsibility.
Users should set their Twitch account to enable archiving so that all games played are saved.
- User catching is strictly prohibited. There is to be no switching of any kind offensively.
- The use of "playmaker" is banned.
- Mix up your play-calling. As stated when you signed up for the CFL, this is a realistic football league. You should not be using the same formation or same three routes / plays all game. Play football, not a video game.
- Users found to be running curl routes, read option, etc. all game long and on all crucial plays will be suspended or even booted from the league for violation of the rules.
- If you turn the football over, you may switch at your own free will (during an INT return or fumble return)
- Use of the no-huddle will be monitored closely. You should not use a no huddle for extended stretches of time, except in realistic situations (two minute offense) or for a quick change of pace (couple of consecutive plays on a random drive).
- Hot routing is to be used in a controlled manner. You shouldn't be hot routing every single play, or using 2, 3 or 4 hot routes in single plays multiple times a game.
- You may only move one player around pre-snap.
- Usering of Defensive Tackles (and Nose Tackles) is banned.
- User switching is strictly prohibited. You should start a play on one defensive player, and end the play on the same defensive player. You may not switch to defend passes, you may not switch to tackle, you may not switch, period.
- Run Commit is banned.
- Mix up your playcalling. You should not be running the same Cover 6 defense the entire game. Again, play football not a video game.
Special Teams Rules
- You may switch one time to make tackles on special teams (kickoffs and punts)
- You may not move players around on punt coverage pre-snap.
4th Down Rules
- You may go for it on 4th down inside your opponents 45 yardline on 4th and inches only. This does not mean that you should go for in on 4th and inches five times in one game.
- You may go for it on 4th down in any situation inside of 5 minutes remaining in regulation while trailing by multiple scores (more than 8 points)
- You may go for it on 4th down in any situation inside of 2 minutes remaining in regulation when trailing the game, unless a field goal will tie the game and you are in clear field goal range.
- I do not want to see anyone going for it on 4th and 5 from the 50 yardline down by 7 points with 5 minutes left in the game. This is not a realistic situation.
- You are now allowed to make one "coaches decision" per game on fourth down. This must be in a realistic situation only. For example, you are trailing by 6 points in the third quarter, it is 4th down and 2, with the ball on your opponent's 35 yardline with a 14 mph wind blowing at you. You may use your one coaches call on fourth down in this situation. You may then only go for it on fourth and inches per the original league rule for the rest of the game.
- You may not sign a player to a seven (7) year contract.
- One year deals do not require a bonus, but may not exceed a 30% bonus.
- Two year + contracts must have a minimum 5% bonus, and maximum 30% bonus.
- Players who are age 32 or 33 may not be signed to a contract that exceeds three years.
- Players who are age 34 or older may not be signed to a contract that exceeds two years.
- Contracts must meet the new money scales located at this link - http://simchampions.com/t/new-contract-scales.3090/
- Each team will have two trades involving players per league year. Only one of the trades may involve a player rated higher than 72 overall. The league year begins directly after the completion of the Super Bowl.
- All trades are subject to Commissioner approval. Respect all decisions to approve or deny your trade propositions.
- All trades that have been agreed to in principal should be posted in the “Trade Proposals” board for approval.
- Any users found to have made trades without following the above procedures will be banned from the league.
- You may not trade a first round draft pick within 2 seasons of entering the league. This starts with the 2015 draft class.
- Left sticking is still prohibited in excessive changes of direction. Madden 16 has done a nice job of cleaning this up, however you still may not turn a dive or draw straight outside from the moment the football is handed off. Using the left stick to hit holes within a gap of your run and for subtle movement is allowed.